Tuesday, July 29, 2014

DOGS DAYS OF SUMMER...A LITTLE BIT OF THIS & THAT!!!!!!!!!

It has been a beautiful summer so far here on the farm, not too hot.  Atticus is in his usual spot, wherever I am.  Funny boy, he just loves to be near you all the time, which is adorable except when his plops his 115lb. body on my feet.



The gardens are looking quite nice this summer, although when the huge trees fell in the back my herb garden was ruined for this season.  We are rebuilding the raised beds in the Fall so I will have a brand new Herb Garden next Spring.

I love to repurpose things and the old work table was perfect to put on the terrace porch, I made the Garden sign 15 years ago and it still looks great.



We spend a lot of time in the screened room, it is perfect on the really hot days, although there have not been too many of those yet.  The bed was our son's when he was little now our grandaughter plays Barbies on there.  My $20 sofa is still going strong, best thrift store buy ever!



I freshened up the porches with a coat of Provence Blue Paint.  I got tired of the Burgandy doors ( which were suppose to be red) and the black bench's and tables.  It looks so summery now I just love it.


The strawberries were especially sweet this season due to all of the rain....yummm!  My antique rose put on a wonderful show I wish it lasted more that a couple of weeks though, they smell heavenly.  They have probably been here as long as the farm, 235 years!


As I have mentioned in previous posts I have changed my way of eating and lost 55 lbs. since the end of September.  It is coming off at around 1 lb. a week sometimes a little more and it is staying off.  Being a vegetarian everyone thinks that it is a challenge but I have become very regimented with my meals.  One way I organize food is to make big batches for a few days worth of meals.  This is a stir fry of all kinds of good veggies which I will eat in wraps, with salads or as a stir fry.  For me it is working great, I really do feel better and I have so much energy.

Must dash, we are doing the bedroom floor today and as you can see we need to redo the porch too, although Atticus does not mind the conditions it is comfy for him.  Have a lovely day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It was great seeing pictures of your pretty garden and screened in porch. I would live out there as well! Atticus is a beautiful hound! I'm sure he loves the breeze.

    Good for you losing the weight. 85% of my diet is veggies. I love them any way I can get them! I know I'm eating good healthy foods but I need to cut down on the portions and the snacks in between meals.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely home you have Sue and Atticus is such a handsome boy! Congratulations on your continuing weight loss, I've just started to try and 'trim the fat' myself so your success is a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete